The Temple of Aghios Rokkos
The temple of Aghios Rokkos is preserved in an excellent condition on the northwest corner of the Splantzia plateau, near the temple of Aghios Nikolaos. It consists of two domed aisles of different morphology, from which the oldest is the northern, a simple construction without any decoration. On the contrary, the southern aisle has been entirely made of carved walls, according to the doctrines of Venetian Mannerism.
In the temple there is an inscription: "dedicated to the excellent and grand God and to the divine Rokkos 1630". The inscription "D(IVO) ROCCO" (divine Rokkos) is also found in the entrance. The temple was probably built after a plague, as it is commonly known that Aghios Rokkos was the protector against plagues.